Everyone needs a go-to recipe and this is mine. This recipe is my daughter’s favorite. I make it for dinner parties (ie: friends coming over, hanging out, and eating off paper plates). I make it for friends who need dinner. I make it for my extended family when I go home. Seriously, everyone needs this in their arsenal of recipes. I have tweaked it to perfection. You can leave out the chicken or the peppers if don’t have them. It reheats perfectly for left-overs. Serve it with salad and garlic bread.
Here you go!
Nicole’s Cajun Chicken Pasta
1 pound penne or rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch green onion (approx. 6 green onions), chopped
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, or to more taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) (change this to ¼ teaspoon to cut the spice)
1 yellow (or orange, or green) bell pepper, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
16 ounces heavy cream (2 cups)
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
8-10 ounce package of precooked grilled chicken breast strips or fajita chicken (or two chicken breasts cooked and cut into strips)
1. Cook penne (or similar pasta) according to package directions. Drain; set aside in serving
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning and ground black pepper and cayenne. Add bell peppers; stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook for 5 minutes (until soft).
4. Uncover; stir in cream and let simmer another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in Parmesan cheese and melt to combine.
6. Add chicken and simmer for 5 min.
7. Remove sauce from heat, stir sauce into cooked pasta and serve immediately.
KETO / LOW CARB ALTERNATIVE
Substitute Pene Pasta for Miracle Noodles.